Job Duties and Tasks for: “Archivist assistant”
Hello aviation community! Do you love airplanes and aviation history? We need your help at the Wings of the North Air Museum. We are looking for a volunteer Archive Assistant to help us keep our incredible museum collection in order. The primary requirement is a passion for aviation history.
Job Role & Requirements:
- Basic computer skills are a must (PastPerfect software familiarity is a plus but not required).
- Use and maintain the computer archives and database. (PastPerfect training available).
- Assist in arranging, cataloguing, storing and preserving collections of valuable materials.
- Prepare archival records, such as descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
- Preserve records, documents, and objects, or computer formats as necessary.
- Research and record the origins and historical significance of archival materials.
- Optional: Assist in document creation for publication and display.
- Optional: Assist in educational and public outreach programs.
- Have fun, share your passion, meet fellow aircraft lovers, and get free access to many of our exciting events!
The expected time requirement per month is 10 hours with a very flexible schedule.
If you would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.